Search This Blog

Monday 6 April 2020

Screening the Scaffolding

I was feeling quietly pleased with myself on the use of scaffolding tower components to support the sunny balcony of the Wendy House:


It would, I thought, soon be covered with climbers anyway.  SWMBO remained unconvinced, to the extent of hostility.   Then, propelled by anxiety, I had a brainwave.  Why not use surplus rain-screen cladding from the bottom of the original extension to clad that temporary eyesore?  As a bonus, it would match the new cladding so providing some visual continuity.

During the last couple of days the sun has shone and I have made very good progress on giving Wendy a grey skirt.  By the end of play today the three central panels (of five) were securely in position:




Perfectly straight and level these three panels will tomorrow be joined by two outside panels to complete the screen., hopefully* to SWMBoid satisfaction, maybe delight even.

They will be topped off with a grey capping strip.   Precisely 1000mm high these panels are, I think???* just the job.   I do hope so as it has been quite a struggle to fit them on such a steep slope.

Such activity has kept me physically and mentally occupied during these strange house-bound times.

* SWMBO happened on the scene as I was about to publish this Post and I can report success.  "Very Good' was the verdict.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.