Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Hey, That Looks Great

A gloriously sunny spring day so I have been able to get all five cladding panels securely in place with 15mm vertical gaps between them.  Just as the last panel had been fitted my best beloved came on the scene and said "Hey, that looks great".  Phew.


Next door neighbour Tim agreed and asked if there would be one more panel at each end where the scaffolding is still visible - and necessary to support the access decks.   I had intended to leave the cladding wall as it is - roughly the width of the Wendy House.  As it happens I have enough panels to extend as suggested.   Now that I am an experienced panel hanger I can and shall give it a try.  They can be easily removed if it is 'too much'.



Whatever the length the finished cladding with have a grey sealing cap on top.  

I spent a magical hour after wine o'clock taking the sunshine on the sunlit top landing of our magnificent new stairway and getting a new appreciation of our dry stone retaining wall:



We went to Booths supermarket this morning and stocked up.  It was superbly well organised as usual,   The handles of every trolley were decontaminated every trip and as the store filled up there was a socially distanced queue outside:




Our prescription medicines were delivered to us from Boots chemists  by volunteers.   Settle is a wonderful place.


As I was setting out on Bess's morning constitutional Craven District Council's refuse lorry came up the station drive to collect the bins.   I gave them a massive thumbs up and was rewarded with two of the broadest smiles I think I have ever seen.  Just a crew of two now to keep to social distancing in the cab.  Hard but vital work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.