Search This Blog

Friday 13 December 2019

David Bellamy R.I.P.

The only real certainty in life is death.  We all know that but just now and then someone dies who is well known and whose death comes as a particular shock,  One such was naturalist, broadcaster and larger-than-life character David Bellamy.


Perhaps a strange thing to post here but hey, it's my Blog, I can post what I want within reason and I think DB would have approved.  The BBC sacked him when he cast doubt on global warming.

I just love this story among hundreds that have appeared on social media since his death, some poking fun at his hugely individual style of delivery.   He is said to have been driving on the A1 and was tuned in to BBC Radio Lincolnshire.  Much to his amusement he found himself listening to a phone-in competition to find the best David Bellamy sound-alike.  Using an assumed name he rang in to try his luck.  He came third.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.