Search This Blog

Sunday 28 July 2019

Gladys on Top Form for the 2020s

Gladys Emmanuel:


absolutely flew up the notorious Buckhaw Brow yesterday morning en route to Clapham Street Fair.   In top gear too despite her 105 years.  We were able to get a good run at it and there was just me as payload.

As per the previous post we could have aquaplaned back down in the afternoon!

A major item of interest for visitors was the newly installed reversing camera on Gladys:



This C21st addition sits inconspicuously under the rear of the car but inevitably the monitor screen is prominent.   Especially with the hood up the rear view is almost nil so reversing without assistance is tricky.  The problem is acute for anybody like me with limited neck rotation.

I imagine that almost all new cars have this kit and I think it would be good if all cars had them retro-fitted.  I think Henry Ford would have approved.

They are absurdly cheap too - £14.99 on E-Bay, postage included!  If I was getting another I would not bother with the LED lights on the camera, making it all but invisible.

Not only does it assist reversing, you can leave it on as you drive along, enabling you to detect angry looking BMWs coming up from behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.