Search This Blog

Thursday 2 August 2018

Settle is One of the Best Places to Live in the UK

I hope that this story from The Sunday Times dies a quick death otherwise everybody will want to live here!   Always cautious about these 'Best Place' etc lists but cannot disagree in this case.   It must be true though because the Craven Herald, the local newspaper reports:

The Sunday Times has picked out Settle in its top ten, along with Alresford, in Hampshire, Bledlow, Buckinghamshire, Bollington, Cheshire, Bungay, Suffolk, Dulverton, Somerset, Haltwhistle, Northumberland, Nethy Bridge, Highlands, Oakham, Rutland, and Petworth, West Sussex.



I am finding confirmation of the Best Place status as I continue my recovery and my travels take me into the town of foot.   I am constantly bumping in to people asking how I am and wishing me well.   Bad, and good, news travels fast in Settle.

I achieved a recovery milestone yesterday.   I cleaned the well-overdue-for-it filters of the rainwater harvesting system.   It had been overdue for it back in April when I had my fall.   The fine filter is indoors and at worktop level so is easy but the coarse filter is down a ground level manhole outdoors, necessitating bending forwards and downwards.   The neck is under inevitable strain and would have hurt until now.   Yesterday I managed it and I am feeling modestly proud about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.