Search This Blog

Thursday 6 June 2024

A Toot from Sir Nigel

In brilliant sunshine yesterday, 5th June, the line was host to A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley heading north late morning and back late afternoon.  I had the privilege of seeing her from the north viewing area both ways.   As has become my habit I gave her a wave on the return leg and was rewarded with a blast from that magnificent wailing hooter.   Here she is alongside Ingleborough and passing over Ribblehead Viaduct.  Two splendid pictures by Point and Shoot Photos and Diane Muldowney and a third from Shep Woolley.















Nigel Gresley was one that I missed in my train-spotting days.  He's made up for it since.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.