Search This Blog

Sunday 10 March 2024

Peppercorns

 Ready-meals have come on a great deal in quality and presentation of recent years.   The other day I had a memorable ready meal from our local excellent supermarket, Booths.  Here's the package image.  The real thing looked just as good but for one (or 60+) thing/s - peppercorns!

I could, perhaps would, have died if I had eaten all these.  I all conscience and concern for other victims I have written to Booths thus:

"I have just had the pleasure of one of your Peppercorn Chicken & Parmentier Potatoes ready meals for one - Sell by date 11/03/24 06124 (possibly the batch number).  The picture shows the peppercorns I fished out of this single meal after I had eaten three which nearly blew my socks off.  I have not counted them but there are sixty or so.  Looking online fifteen seem to be the safe and palatable maximum number of peppercorns in one serving.  I wonder if there is a problem with that batch?"





















Watch this space.

11 April 2024  Good as their word Booths have investigated this case.   The specification of the meal called for 8 grammes of peppers per portion.  This particular meal had more than 8 grammes of peppers as did other samples tested.  Adjustments made.   I defy you to eat 8 grammes of peppercorns but some people must be able to do it and enjoy it.  Not I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.