Search This Blog

Sunday 3 March 2024

Camera Doorbell

 Just installed a new front doorbell, its predecessor having failed.   This time its one of those fancy jobs with camera and two-way sound via the house wi-fi and VHF.  Annke brand, like our other security cameras













The low sun is spoiling things a bit but that's a pretty useful picture.   From my i-phone I can view and listen live anytime - and have a conversation with the caller.   £29.99 direct from Annke.   That's about the price of an ordinary ding-dong doorbell.  I might get one apiece for our four other outside doors.

Update:  The doorbell showed its real use yesterday while I was sitting in the sun in the roof room.   My iPhone sounded and it was my very first call from the front door bell.   I pressed one of the several icons on the iPhone screen, more in hope than expectation.   Bingo.   There was a clear-as-you-like picture of a man and a woman at our front door.  "Hello" I said - and the lady replied, loud and clear.  The system was working fine!  "We've come to give you a leaflet" said the lady.  A distant bell rang.  I told her I was at the top of the tower but our letter box was in the gate so they could deliver the leaflet.  I told her that their visit was the camera doorbell's first test for real, we all agreed how good they were and they left.  On emptying our letter box later I found the leaflet, inviting us to attend a meeting at Settle's Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.   A close call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.