Search This Blog

Sunday 7 July 2024

Two Pictures from Facebook

 These two cropped up on Facebook.  One is of our lovely (110 years) old Ford Model T Gladys, handsomely parked outside Singleton church, Lancashire.  The other is a splendid shot Settle station with water tower background and the vegetable oil fuelled diesel locomotive Climate Hero on the up line. 






Yesterday (5th July 2024), DB Cargo UK's 66004 made a 'light loco'
return run between the company's base at Knottingley Traction
Maintenance Depot (West Yorkshire) and the British Gypsum works at New Biggin (Westmorland & Furness). The loco was sporting a bright green livery (with "I'm a climate hero" written on the sides) and carrying a "Martin House" headboard on the front. On the return leg, the loco stopped briefly at Settle station (which I wasn't expecting). Someone climbed-down from the cab, crossed the line via the footbridge, took a few photos, returned to the cab, then the loco continued its journey. I later found-out that the person taking the photos had won a cab-ride as a prize in a recent rail industry fund-raiser (in aid of the Martin House Children’s Hospice charity) and he wanted a few photos as a memento of his once-in-a-lifetime trip along the S&C. I can't blame him for that, but it meant I didn't get the video clip I'd planned. Instead, I got some attractive photos and an interesting story, which I thought I'd share.

(Photographs and text courtesy of Mark Harvey)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.