Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 March 2023

North Garden Gets a Crew Cut

 12 years on from its planting, the now extensive shrubs had grown to the extent of inter-twining.  I was not looking forward to tackling the job myself because of the steep slope.  Then I happened on a Facebook posting by former police officer Martin Boyce who does gardening.  

Yesterday was the day.  My plea to Martin was for him to be brutal.  Here is an idea of how it was.  Straggly bushes, black summer house fast disappearing and pathway becoming impassable:






















Now, we can see the back of the summer house and the old iron window fame alongside it.  

I shall shred the removed woody limbs for use as deep mulch between the now tamed shrubs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.