Search This Blog

Monday 27 September 2021

Satisfied Customer

 Since the easing of COVID restrictions I have resumed my voluntary role as an On-Train-Guide on the Settle-Carlisle Railway.  It is my only remaining contact with the Friends of the S&C besides being a member.  I enjoy it immensely and it is spiritually rewarding when people go out of their way to say thank-you when we reach our destination.  Sometimes they force money on me which I reluctantly accept.  It gets spent on S&C related things around Settle.

One kind lady went a step further and put a lovely public 'thank-you' on Twitter this weekend.  Not sure which train she was on - I have done three return trips this week! 

As posted it showed a cropped picture of the On-Train-Guide and I couldn't resist clicking on it to enlarge it.  Lo and behold it was me:





















Happily she had chosen my best side.  The band round my head is for my face-shield.  I use a hand-held microphone and wireless loudspeaker which enables an entire carriage full of people to hear my commentary without me spitting COVID at them.  I wander up and down the carriage so that I don't block the same people's views all the time.

My repertoire, developed over a couple of decades, tends to be light hearted and participational.  Not too technical but ensuring that passengers get to see those sights they would almost certainly otherwise miss.

This is what the kind lady posted.  Modesty almost prevents me from posting it on this Blog.  Almost.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.