Search This Blog

Monday 7 June 2021

Settle Coal are Wonderful

 One of those jobs to which I have not been looking forward has been dealing with the mainly clay embankment beneath Terminal 2.  Hard to access but very much on view at eye level to anybody using the side entrance on the east of the tower.  An opportunity to get it right but a p.i.t.a. to do.  I took a couple of pictures of the problem area and took them along to Settle Coal seeking advice.




Above is the area concerned.  Not pretty at present. Indeed, it lets down the rest of the extension rather badly.  I had, and still do have in mind installing floodlights so that the steelwork can be better seen  and the clever stuff given the visual credit that it deserves.

However, I was not looking forward to bucketing 2 tons of posh gravel up there.  I need not have worried.  Just an hour or two later my gravel arrived.  Not just a lorry either.  There was their super-manoeuvrable fork lift too!



Dr Forklift knew the site well as he had lifted the steels into place and some of the walls too. "I think I can get these where they're needed" he declared.  And he did too.  A huge weight off my shoulders, and what remains of my back:




Everything imaginable on the Loadall can be moved in every possible direction - if you know how to drive it.   Working in the narrow gap between two unforgiving steel staircases pushed it to its limits.

Parting shot from Dr Forklift.  "There might just be a bit of yellow paint on one of those railings but you can keep that.  No charge."

It's fun living here in Settle- a friendly small town where everything is just round the corner.



2 comments:

  1. Love this post! This is a really good blog wish more people would read this, you offer some really good suggestions on Structural Steelwork Hampshire. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.