Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Unusual Pictures

Tuesday and in between welcome showers I been busy - and entertained.

Taking the late Dave Richardson's advice that 'there's nowt tha can't do by thissen if tha puts tha mind to it fust' I have today put that into action during the first stages of shifting a very heavy re-cycled (from Settle signal box) stairway.  Why? I hear you cry.  I want to install it as safe but hopefully temporary access to the Wendy house.  I decided that I could do it alone with the help of a hand winch.  Here are a couple of pictures of the journey in progress.  I bet this is the first time stairs have been pictured going upstairs?





Later in the day a huge United Utilities lorry hove into view and its crew started lifting manhole covers.  Turns out we had a sewer blockage - hopefully not our fault.  So far, so unremarkable.  What took my eye however was the enormous LED display on its side - a sign of the times if ever there was one:

1 comment:

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.