Search This Blog

Sunday 23 June 2019

Gladys Emmanuel is On The Road Again

For those new to this Blog Gladys Emmanuel of a 105 years old Ford Model T.   I did think a year ago that my Model T Days, or indeed my days of any sort, might be over.   Not so!

Gladys has sat forlornly in her middle bay of our garage hut for nearly two years, gathering dust.   Today I decided to grab Gladys by the headlights and see if she still worked.

Praise be, and without any tinkering beforehand whatever she started 'first pull'.   I was able to reverse her out of the garage and give her a much needed wash:



The brass is dull and I might just leave it that way for a while at least.   

After a wash-and brush-up she started again and I was able to drive her back into the garage - with her hood up too!



I tried out some black (of course) Simoniz polish on one rear wing and that absolutely sparkles:



The curious linear intrusion on both pictures is a leather strap which secures the hood when it is down and resting on its supports at the back of the car.   The red rear lamp is a very modern high intensity bicycle lamp - a sensible and probably illegal addition on a slow moving old girl in today's mad world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.