Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 June 2019

A Day of Wheels

Three wheeled-vehicles have featured in my life today.

1.  My Karcher pressure washer.   Well, it does have two wheels.  I had a couple of joyful hours pressure washing the lorry turning-circle at the end of The Sidings as our concrete lorry had left abundant evidence on the road from yesterday's operations in the form of tyre tracks and extravagantly large builders' footprints.   Anyway I got carried away and 'did' the double yellow lines too.   When clearing up I just could not resist this picture of the Karcher just shouting out for a parking ticket:


2.  My beloved three wheeled truck.   I have posted about this ad nauseam.   The 'search' facility will get you there if you are a sad person who should get out more.  I have been trying for ages to appoint it with a Geest badge on the engine cowling but have drawn a blank.  But I was recently sent a copy of a Geest catalogue with the once familiar Geest logo on it.   This was painstakingly copied by Nigel Robinson at iPrint across the road and he produced a set of vinyl logos.   I found a piece of galvanised steel on which to stick one of them and here it is on the front of the Geest truck, below the tongue-in-cheek 4 x 4 badge:



3.  Finally, it's back to just one wheel - a wheelbarrow actually but the poor thing has been in the wars rather.   It may have had a coming-together with a digger or such when we were doing our original tower work.  It is very bent but being a hoarder I have kept it, perhaps hoping it would get better.   I had wondered about putting it on Settle Sell & Buy on a 'no-reasonable-offer-refused' basis.   Having done a risk assessment and method statement I decided to repair it so have bought a new body for it.  It may be fitted tomorrow and you shall learn of it, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.