Search This Blog

Saturday 19 March 2016

Flying Fandangos

Half way though my chemo course I find that, mercifully, the only side effect, apart from occasional fatigue, is sore feet.   This is a common side effect, often accompanied by sore hands.   The answer to the sore feet problem is emollient ointment, supplied by the hospital, and going easy on the feet, of course.

Yesterday I had to journey from Leeds to London, then from Kings Cross to Marylebone and to Gerrards Cross where I would have to walk the best part of a mile dragging a wheelie suitcase.   After a good deal of soul-searching about footwear I decided on - wait for it - sandals and socks.    This, I read, is the ultimate and unforgivable fashion no-no.

Furthermore,  yesterday was Flat Cap Friday, a sacred feast when Yorkshireman are urged to wear that iconic piece of headgear.   Who devises these special days incidentally?

Anyway, I decided to go for it and sod the consequences.   Flat cap, sandals and socks will be the next fashion craze, trust me.   You read it here first.

Nobody, as far as I could tell, looked at my feet, perhaps transfixed by the cap.   No child said 'Look at that man wearing sandals and socks mummy'.

There comes a time in life when you can get away with things -when you couldn't give a flying fandango what people think.

Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.