Search This Blog

Saturday 4 December 2021

Get Well Cards and Letters

 Having an overdue clear-up of cupboards I came across a most welcome bundle of what turned out to be get-well cards and letters received after my near-visit to my Maker back in April 2018 when I had broken my neck.

There were 52 of them which must have overwhelmed the capacity of an NHS bedside table by a long way.

I spent an hour reading them afresh.  A few I remembered but most I did not so it was a delight to revisit them all and to take in the good wishes expressed - for which renewed thanks.  Those which mentioned a speedy recovery must have been a great boost at the time when things could have gone one of only three ways.

Belated thank-yous!  I opted for near total recovery but am fairly sure I did not send thank-yous at the time or in the weeks and months that followed.

Collectively they are a splendid example of the effectiveness of the Settle-Carlisle grapevine and of the Police Serious Rumour Squad.

 One included some happier days photographs.  These were new on me and made me smile.  This one shows me driving an unregistered, untaxed and uninsured vehicle which does not comply with most of of the requirements of the Motor Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations.  The photographer promises not to tell the cops.














and from the same source:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.