Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 November 2021

Where's Me Shirt?

Ever since my brush with death in April 2018 I have never worn a shirt - at least, not a shirt and tie.

My neck has widened to the extent that none of my (many) existing shirts would fit to the extent of buttoning-up to the neck.  Fine for laid-back or day to day open-necked wear but not for funerals and such.

Perhaps it's the titanium hardware holding my head on.

I have managed to navigate life's niceties by and large but a recent funeral brought me round to the need for a proper shirt that fits.  Not being one to splash out unduly I turned to my good friend E-bay to see what there was out there in size 18 (46cm) collar.  The first item on the screen was














Brand new, still in its wrapping and with a starting bid price of £1.80p.  Throwing financial caution to the wind I placed my bid - £1.80p - and not a penny more.

The auction took its course and mine was the only, and therefore successful bid.

It duly arrived and today was try-on day.  It fits.  Perfectly.  It is hung up in a wardrobe, ready for action.

Just one trouble.  I need to re-learn how to tie a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.