Search This Blog

Saturday 10 November 2018

Colonoscopy Time

Colonoscopy is one of those things one knows about and which, hopefully, happens to other people.   One of life's medical indignities and if ever needed  buggerations.   I use the word in its most well meant sense.

As colonoscopies go, this morning's was a delight.   This was the final one (I think) to be certain that cancer had not returned and, in full 4K HD I was able to take a trip up where the sun don't shine and see for myself that it had not.   Clean as a whistle, as it were.   Not only that the procedure was done by my friend and saviour Mr Khan - the surgeon who operated on me three years ago.   Bless him, he remembered me and my late sigmoid colon.  A lovely man and a delight to meet him and to thank him again.

https://settlestationwatertower.blogspot.com/2015/11/meet-chap-who-may-just-have-saved-my.html


Just about everybody who attends the Endoscopy Unit (they look at both ends) is worried about it for all sorts of reasons.   In Airedale's case the tone is set even before you get to the door. 

Finally, not for those of gentle upbringing or a delicate disposition, this is Billy Connolly on the preparation for a colonoscopy:

https://vimeo.com/24340828 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.