Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Prawn Layered Pasta Salad - literally

One of the many joys of living where we do in Settle is the proximity to very posh supermarket Booths - a short walk away.   Today we were both busy with this and that all morning so Pat had bought a Booths own-brand 'Prawn Pasta Salad'.   I have had and enjoyed them before.

Imagine my dismay therefore on (with some difficulty) opening the PLPS to find no prawns.   No, this cannot be I assured myself.   They must be buried under the lettuce, pasta and so forth.

I dug and I dug but no.   No prawns.   In a rush for a quick lunch I batted on and after a few disappointing forkfuls I discovered a prawn.   Singular.   Maybe that was it - it was a PLPS, not at PsLPS.   So delighted was I, I took a photograph of said prawn:

There he is - centre stage.   His name is Edwin and he looks lonely don't you think?

I bottomed the plastic dish and have to admit that I discovered another 1 1/2 prawns (Ethel and Wil.)   So that was it - 2 1/2 prawns.


I promise I polished off the lot and my prawn count was thorough.   Pleased though to read that it contained responsibly sourced prawns.

For now I am blaming Brexit for this outrage but in fairness I shall give Mr Booth the opportunity to make amends.   Watch this space.

This Space

I did what it said on Booths receipt and filled in a long questionnaire.   Then, nothing.   No acknowledgement.  No thank-you.  No 'we'll take it up with our supplier'.   Just nothing.

So, we took the documentation to the Settle store and were refunded the purchase price.   

Well Booths, the Co-op do these things better and cheaper y'know.   There's more than one fish in the sea - and more than 2 1/2 prawns in a Co-op Prawn and Pasta Layered Salad.



1 comment:

  1. Hello. I am sorry you had such an experience in 2018. I assure you that if you had brought it back today you would have had it refunded and replaced. I can also assure you their prawn layered pasta salad bowl...new to the meal to go lunch range is quite lovely. Have enjoyed two in the past few days. I didn't count the prawns but I was satisfied with the product and the prawns were nice and large. Hope you try again sometime and you are pleasantly satisfied.

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.