Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Just a Little Prick

Sorry for Blog-silence for a while, but happy to report that I am back home after re-admission to hospital because of a wound infection which seems to have been well and truly hammered with 'aggressive antibiotics'.   I cannot speak too highly about the care and attention I have received at #Airedale Hospital - and at the #Townhead Medical Practice in Settle.

I was sent home with a pack of 28 injections, being administered daily by Pat with the utmost skill - hence the title of this post.

I shall spare you the details of my hospital stay, though I could write a book about it, be assured.   Just two though:

1.  Post anaesthetic / morphine hallucinations are frighteningly real.   More power to the police for efforts on drug driving.

2.  A gem from a fellow patient who had spent much time as a guest of Her Majesty.   "It's easier to get out of prison than it is to get out of hospital".   Smashing chap - the sort who would come to anybody's aid if in serious trouble.

I shall always remember one night in Bradford CID when I was with my detective sergeant at a night club 'cultivating informants'.   Things got ugly and DS Harvey* removed his watch - always a danger sign.   A renowned Bradford villain, built like the proverbial brick thingy-house, but with a sense of right and wrong joined us.   "Don't worry Mr Harvey.   I'm here with you".

Funny old world.

*  Think Beverley Hill Cop.   DS Gordon Harvey was the spitting image of DS John Taggart (left), alongside whom I was most definitely DC Billy Rosewood.


Gordon Harvey was a hard bitten detective but with a heart of gold.   His hobby was breeding budgerigars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.