Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Blooming Clematis

Since designing, or at least sketching out, the garden it has blossomed way beyond expectations.   An exception has been the rear carden wall against which I had planted clematis and honeysuckles.   The latter have donee so-so but the clematises (IS that the correct plural?) have disappointed.   I made the mistake of buying fancy hybrid plants with enormous flowers but of course, these were picky about soil, watering, pruning - everything in fact.   I sought advice from Settle's market plant stall man who brought me down to earth in every way.   "Forget the hybrids - go for the common or garden" was his advice, which I took:


I am particularly pleased with the feature tower iron window frame on top of the knoll.   Nothing would grow up it - until now:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.