Search This Blog

Sunday 23 July 2017

The Flying Scotsman on 'My' Webcam

When, quite a good while ago, I was up a windy and lonely ladder fixing a camera to Horton in Ribblesdale station's north end I thought it would be the ideal place for some good images of trains.   Today I was rewarded with these images of Flying Scotsman.


                 click to enlarge 

Note the round window in the back of the tender - to light the narrow corridor for a crew change-over during the non-stop runs between London and Edinburgh                                                                                                                                                                                           
                                                                                                             

Not ideal weather but immensely satisfying, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.