Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2016

You Are Scruffy

One of the welcome results of stopping chemotherapy is that your energy returns.   This is what has happened for me and I am indulging my creative and constructive side.   This means dressing for the tasks in hand which in my case in summer could mean a painty shirt and trousers and sandals with socks.   I have also got into the habit of shaving every other day or three.

In adopting this mode of attire I am in good? company, at least so far as the whiskers are concerned:


Sandals and socks are good for conversation and it is surprising how many people admit to wearing them - but timidly in their own homes.   Outside in the big wide world they are still a no-no though I cannot for the life of me see why.

My chemo feet appreciated the combination and now I can report that I have another excuse.   I have a broken left Achilles tendon, diagnosed with an ultrasound scan yesterday.   Apparently the two broken ends are 3.5cm apart so surgery will be likely.   Meantime I can shuffle around comfortably - in socks and sandals.   So there.

The day before yesterday Pat accused me of being scruffy - to which I pleaded guilty.    When you had to wear a smart uniform for much of your working life scruffy is an absolute delight.

Anyway today, Sunday, I decided to mend my ways, shave and put on some clean clothes.   Ye Gods it has been boring.

If anybody wants Christmas present ideas I recommend these:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.