Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Weather station love nest




Just when you think everything is running smoothly, nature intervenes.   A few days ago I saw a pair of collared doves 'performing' as it were on the topmost railings of the water tank.   Today, I see that Mrs CD has taken up residence in the rainwater collector of the weather station.


Mr CD meanwhile woos her with twigs.

Then he sees me being voyeuristic and gives me one of those looks before flying off for his next consignment . .

Leaving Mrs CD keeping house.

I have e-mailed weather station guru John Livesley at MyLocalWeather, also Stuart Thompson at the Met. Office, asking for advice on protocol.

Meanwhile the weather station has recorded 10.9 mm of rain, or dove pee, since 0235 this morning. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.