Search This Blog

Monday 10 September 2018

A Memorable Trip Downstairs

Ever since my epic fall on 11 April I have not attempted to walk down that flight of stairs.   In part there was a psychological barrier but mainly it was for fear of retribution from a concerned wife.   Having the lift and an alternative shallower flight of stairs made those stairs avoidable anyway.

The thank-you visit of my ambulance crew, Wendy and Luke gave an opportunity to cross that Rubicon.   Safeguarded fore and aft therefore I made it down the stairs, pausing at the bend in the staircase to admire the  dent in the wall left by my head.   Photos Yorkshire Ambulance Service.




And here is a last word from grandson James.   Bless him, he had composed a script but come the moment he could not bring himself to read it out.   Sound on, Kleenex at the ready:


The link doesn't work for me so probably not for you either but he says
"My name is James Gavin.   Thank you for saving my grandpa's life".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.