Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Real Fame at Last

Everybody is famous for fifteen minutes so they say.   That fifteen minutes must be getting longer and longer as TV and the internet pervade our lives.

This morning I woke early (5am) and decided to have a go at the crossword at the back of Rail magazine.   It is quite a challenge and I have never finished it.   It is a mixture of cryptic clues and General Knowledge.   The cryptic clues are of the style of the Daily Telegraph and I can usually solve them.   The GK you either know or you don't and I'm not sad enough to Google for the answers.

Imagine then my surprise when I came upon the following:

Clues Down

3 Mark _ _ _ _  - former chairman of the friends of the Settle-Carlisle Line (4)



I have never been a crossword clue before - as far as I know.   But before I get too carried away I should modestly reflect that railway buffs the length of the land might be really struggling with that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.