Search This Blog

Thursday 18 October 2012

Settle-Carlisle Railway Boys

Embedded image permalink
This photo-shopped 'old' picture shows Matt the Camera, David the Sound, Michael the Portillo, George the Clarke and me the me on the platform at Settle Station watching a northbound arrival.

Moments later the southbound train pulled in by which time Michael, me and George were standing in a line watching it slow to a standstill.   We all three observed an elderly couple sitting in window seats opposite one another.   Recognition dawned on the face of the elderly gentleman who pointed at us and shouted to his wife "Look Ethel (or whatever), that's ......... on the platform".

George spoke first.   "Michael, you've been sussed"

"No I haven't, it's you he saw, not me" said Michael

The pair of them debated the issue and got nowhere.   As a compromise they agreed that it must have been me who had been recognised.   Unlikely in the extreme.   One of those odd little moments in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave comments. If nothing else it shows that there is somebody out there.